Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pinstriped Glasses

Okay. The division is Boston's. I concede. The playoffs are within reach for the Yankees, if only because Seattle has stumbled at the same time the wheels have fallen off the Bombers' wagon. They also play a much tougher September. As a Yankee fan, I have to hope for a big series against the Sox to keep hope alive. I apologize for betting against our favorite Japanese import here, but it's killing time or its dying time and I gotta put my best judgment aside in favor of blind, stupid hope.

Matsuzaka versus Pettitte

5 IP
9 hits
4 walks
7 runs
5 strikeouts

I'm sure he'll pitch a complete game shutout on 5 hits and a single walk with 11 Ks, but I'm a fan and I'm going to wear my underwear backwards and my rally cap tonight. Sigh.

4 Comments:

At 4:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since Petite is the only Yankee pitcher I respect, I think this might be the best chance the Yankees have to win.

The funny thing is the only two times that Matsuzaka has faced the Yankees, the Sox offense showed up and gave Daisuke the win.

Here's to hoping for a similar outcome.

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So excited about this game, I've bought an account at mlb.tv :-)

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Very anxious about this game. Yankees offence can be shut down but it's entirely up to Matsuzaka. I'm sure he'd like to redeem himself

I fear that the Redsox offence might dry up once again :(

Here's to hoping for a solid win

7IP
3ER
7K
2BB
5H

 
At 2:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your power of prediction are finally coming around. Still, you gave the Yanks a tiny bit (2 er) too much credit :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home